Episode 71: Health and Happiness
with Dr. Robin Miller
Dr. Robin Miller is the author of the book HEALED! that puts the spotlight on the link between health and happiness and why you can’t have one without the other. She’s a board certified doctor of Internal Medicine and was an Integrative Medicine Fellow at the University of Arizona. She’s the current Medical Director of Triune Integrative Medicine and blogs regularly on Sharecare.com. She strongly believes while traditional medicine is imperative for good health, you also have to keep an open mind with regards to the benefits of complementary therapies and treatment.
In today’s episode, Dr. Robin sheds light on what her book is all about. She emphasizes on the common health misconceptions and myths surrounding popular foods as well as shares actual studies that disproved them. She also shares her take on the concept of dieting and gives tips on the lifestyle interventions we should do to improve our health for the long term.
“The microbiome is fascinating. It’s growing our ability to help people and understand what’s going on.” – Dr. Robin Miller
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- Why she transitioned from traditional medicine to integrative medicine.
- Why cholesterol is not a good marker of heart disease.
- The benefits of genetic tests to common diseases.
- What is the MTHFR gene and why is it important?
- Gut health and its relationship to mood.
- How does she define “eating healthy?”
- Her take on common foods, their benefits, and who should avoid them.
- Why she doesn’t like “diets.”
- When we eat is as important as what we eat.
- Exercises changes your gut flora.
- Most people will gain their weight back after their diet, partly because your body wants you to get back to where you were.
Connect with Dr. Robin Miller:
Level Up Your Life
Are you ready to upgrade to the next version of you? If you are ready to receive the guidance, accountability, and support you need to up level your health, feel more energized, and truly love your body, then join me for the 11 Weeks to Level Up Your Life program!
The next round of Level Up Your Life begins in early 2018.
Share Your Healthy Curiosity
Thank you for joining me on today’s episode of A Healthy Curiosity, the podcast that explores what it takes to be well in today’s busy world with healthcare strategies through Chinese medicine. If you enjoyed today’s episode, please head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Share your favorite episodes with your friends on social media to help us spread the word and help more people achieve optimal health throughout their busy lives.
Yay! You passed the 1-minute test!
If you like what you're reading, subscribe to get my latest self-care advice by email a couple of times a month.