Episode 73: Fusing Yoga, Journaling, and Meditation
with Brett Larkin
Brett Larkin is the founder of Uplifted Yoga and leads the most interactive online yoga program. Her background includes fifteen years of modern dance and ballet, a 200-hour Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Training, and various work experience with companies and organizations like Google HQ. She has over 1.5 million minutes’ worth of online classes and YouTube videos. Her goal is to make yoga and meditation accessible, fun, and transformative.
In today’s episode, Brett shares her wisdom on the concept of yoga and meditation and what it means in the context of long-term health and wellness. She talks about her special fusion, the different techniques she uses, and deep dives on the many types of chakras.
“Yoga has always been a precursor to meditation.” – Brett Larkin
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- How she developed and uses her specific combination.
- Why journaling was her secret third piece.
- What is Pranayama?
- The different techniques she uses.
- Why we should pay attention to chakras.
- What the chakra system is all about.
- The different types of chakras.
- How to work with chakras?
- Asking the good questions can be a secret in getting in touch with vital wisdom.
- Each chakra is like a little gem that has colors and visualizations.
- If the mind is not empty, you’re failing meditation.
- Anatomy of the Spirit book by Carolyn Myss
Connect with Brett Larkin:
The Basics of Chinese Medicine Course
Learn how to align your lifestyle and diet with daily and seasonal rhythms so you can digest better, have more energy, and stay healthy! Enroll in our 8-week course – The Basics of Chinese Medicine: Your Inner Ecosystem to learn how to analyze and align your lifestyle and diet, identify which of the Five Elements are dominating you, and rebalance the systems in your body so you can achieve your health goals.
When you enroll, you’ll receive:
- 20-30 minute audio lectures you can listen to whenever and wherever
- Highlighted transcripts of each lecture
- Point location reference sheet
- Short, point location videos
- Fun quizlets, reflection questions, and exercises
- Group call opportunities to get your questions answered
- Access to our private Facebook community
Share Your Healthy Curiosity
Thank you for joining me on today’s episode of A Healthy Curiosity, the podcast that explores what it takes to be well in today’s busy world with healthcare strategies through Chinese medicine. If you enjoyed today’s episode, please head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Share your favorite episodes with your friends on social media to help us spread the word and help more people achieve optimal health throughout their busy lives.
Yay! You passed the 1-minute test!
If you like what you're reading, subscribe to get my latest self-care advice by email a couple of times a month.