Episode 74: Thriving in the Workplace with Autoimmune Disease
with Holly Bertone
Holly Bertone is a Certified Natural Health Professional, Project Management Professional, one of Amazon’s bestselling authors, and the President & CEO of Pink Fortitude, LLC, a company dedicated to inspiring people to live a happier and healthier life. She is also a breast cancer and Hashimoto’s survivor, and while both were detrimental diseases, she used those two health challenges as inspiration to help others. She is especially committed to reaching out to cancer and autoimmune survivors and help them get back on their feet and live quality lives.
In today’s episode, Holly shares how she juggled working a full-time job, going through cancer treatment, being a sexy fiancé, and a good stepmom. She shares how she found out she had thyroid issues, her struggles at her previous job, and how she eventually turned it back around and won over her diseases.
“Self-care is very important. You can’t take care of anyone else before you take care of yourself.” – Holly Bertone
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- What is Hashimoto’s disease?
- The changes she made once she learned she had Hashimoto’s.
- Why avoiding gluten and dairy is beneficial for those with thyroid issues.
- How she balanced having cancer and having a normal, happy life.
- The struggles she went through at work due to her autoimmune disease.
- How she helps herself through periods of brain fog.
- Even if the law is on your side, it doesn’t mean reality is always rainbows and puppy kisses.
- It’s better to be motivated from a place of choice as opposed to feeling like you have no choice.
Connect with Holly Bertone:
Get Our Self-Care Manifesto
You have the right to take care of yourself. When you take care of yourself first, everyone around you will benefit, and will let you get more done in less time. If you need a reminder, just visit our webpage and click the download button. Then print and hang the manifesto on your wall or fridge or wherever you want so long as you get to see a positive reminder every day. Remember: Self-care is not selfish; it is essential.
The Basics of Chinese Medicine Course
Learn how to align your lifestyle and diet with daily and seasonal rhythms so you can digest better, have more energy, and stay healthy! Enroll in our 8-week course – The Basics of Chinese Medicine: Your Inner Ecosystem to learn how to analyze and align your lifestyle and diet, identify which of the Five Elements are dominating you, and rebalance the systems in your body so you can achieve your health goals.
When you enroll, you’ll receive:
- 20-30 minute audio lectures you can listen to whenever and wherever
- Highlighted transcripts of each lecture
- Point location reference sheet
- Short, point location videos
- Fun quizlets, reflection questions, and exercises
- Group call opportunities to get your questions answered
- Access to our private Facebook community
Share Your Healthy Curiosity
Thank you for joining me on today’s episode of A Healthy Curiosity, the podcast that explores what it takes to be well in today’s busy world with healthcare strategies through Chinese medicine. If you enjoyed today’s episode, please head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Share your favorite episodes with your friends on social media to help us spread the word and help more people achieve optimal health throughout their busy lives.
Yay! You passed the 1-minute test!
If you like what you're reading, subscribe to get my latest self-care advice by email a couple of times a month.