Episode 75: Tranquility Through Self-Care
with Kimberly Wilson
Kimberly Wilson is a psychotherapist, has authored five books on self-care, tranquility, and business, and designs clothes for TranquiliT, an eco-friendly fashion line. In 1999, she founded Tranquil Space, ranked as one of the top 25 yoga studios in the world by Travel & Leisure magazine. She also holds a Master’s degree in Women’s Studies and Social Work and Positive Psychology. Her work has been featured in various outlets such as The Washington Post, US News, and Yoga Journal.
In today’s episode, Kimberly shares the fantastic benefits of living a tranquil lifestyle through the practice of yoga. She talks about the importance of accountability and self-care and how to make more time for yourself despite what seems to be a busy schedule. She also offers her advice regarding habits you can develop to achieve a tranquil lifestyle.
“The more you can understand where time and energy is going, the more changes can be made.” – Kimberly Wilson
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- How she got into wellness and self-care.
- What is the yoga lifestyle for the modern girl?
- Why being accountable allows us to fulfill our goals better.
- The benefits of writing things down on paper as opposed to just setting reminders on your phone.
- The habits she relies on to feel creative and mindful.
- The inspiration behind TranquiliT.
- What she does to help people get back into the groove.
- Her advice to people who want to get their creative spark back.
- How you interact with the world is a reflection of where you’re at in your life and that changes over time.
- Writing the goals you want to do can make you commit to them better.
- Mindfulness is not just what you do, but how it infiltrates your life and how you show up for it.
Connect with Kimberly Wilson:
Get Our Self-Care Manifesto
You have the right to take care of yourself. When you take care of yourself first, everyone around you will benefit, and will let you get more done in less time. If you need a reminder, just go to our webpage and click the download button. Then print and hang the manifesto on your wall or fridge or wherever you want so long as you get to see a positive reminder every day. Remember: Self-care is not selfish; it is essential.
The Basics of Chinese Medicine Course
Learn how to align your lifestyle and diet with daily and seasonal rhythms so you can digest better, have more energy, and stay healthy! Enroll in our 8-week course – The Basics of Chinese Medicine: Your Inner Ecosystem to learn how to analyze and align your lifestyle and diet, identify which of the Five Elements are dominating you, and rebalance the systems in your body so you can achieve your health goals.
When you enroll, you’ll receive:
- 20-30 minute audio lectures you can listen to whenever and wherever
- Highlighted transcripts of each lecture
- Point location reference sheet
- Short, point location videos
- Fun quizlets, reflection questions, and exercises
- Group call opportunities to get your questions answered
- Access to our private Facebook community
Share Your Healthy Curiosity
Thank you for joining me on today’s episode of A Healthy Curiosity, the podcast that explores what it takes to be well in today’s busy world with healthcare strategies through Chinese medicine. If you enjoyed today’s episode, please head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Share your favorite episodes with your friends on social media to help us spread the word and help more people achieve optimal health throughout their busy lives.
Yay! You passed the 1-minute test!
If you like what you're reading, subscribe to get my latest self-care advice by email a couple of times a month.