Episode 58: How to Heal Your Pain Now
with Dr. Joe Tatta
Dr. Joe Tatta is a doctor of physical therapy, nutritionist, functional pain science expert, and the author of the number one bestselling book, Heal Your Pain Now. He is recognized throughout the healthcare industry for integrating brain science, nutrition, emotions, and movement into easily implemented treatments for lasting pain relief. Dr. Tatta is on a mission to heal people’s pain quickly and compassionately and reverse the global pain epidemic.
He joins me today to explain what pain truly is, where it starts, and how emotions and beliefs play a role in pain management for chronic pain sufferers. He shares his insight and knowledge about how emotional traumas, such as PTSD, play a role in our body’s ability to heal and repair itself, the importance of eating whole foods for chronic pain sufferers, and provides practical tips for managing pain throughout the day.
“Thoughts are things, and they have the ability to influence the body on a physical and emotional level.” – Dr. Joe Tatta
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- The context of when the pain occurs, how the brain interprets pain, and the connection with how we feel it
- The physiological changes that occur in the body due to stress and trauma
- How inflammation affects the body and triggers pain
- The relationship between chronic pain, anxiety, and depression
- Why the “story” that is developed around each person’s pain is an important factor in reducing chronic pain
- How your belief system plays a role in your ability to manage pain
- How to retrain your brain to not feel pain
- The effects of repressing emotions
- The psychological message of the “chronic pain” label
- The role that nutrition plays in chronic pain management
Connect with Dr. Joe Tatta:
- Joe Tatta’s website
- Healing Pain Podcast
- Heal Your Pain Now book
- Heal Your Pain, Heal Your Life 6-week online program
Level Up Your Life
Are you ready to upgrade to the next version of you? If you are ready to receive the guidance, accountability, and support you need to up level your health, feel more energized, and truly love your body, then join me for the Eleven Weeks to Level Up Your Life program!
The next round of Level Up Your Life begins in October 2017. Spots are limited so reserve your spot today!
Yay! You passed the 1-minute test!
If you like what you're reading, subscribe to get my latest self-care advice by email a couple of times a month.