Episode 02: Slowing the Summer Down
with Liz Koch, Author and Creator of Core Awareness
Liz Koch is an international educator and the creator of Core Awareness, a company that focuses on awareness for developing human potential. She is recognized throughout the health industry as an expert in somatic, body work, and fitness. Liz is the author of numerous books and products including The Psoas Book and Unraveling Scoliosis CD.
She joins me today to share how she became interested in the psoas and her knowledge of how the psoas works as our body’s “messenger of the midline.”
“The healthier your psoas, the less you can sense it.” – Liz Koch
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- What kinesthetic awareness is
- The connection between your power center and psoas
- Where the psoas is located in your body
- Why Liz doesn’t think of the psoas as a muscle
- How the psoas helps you feel grounded and centered
- The fluid transfer of energy from the psoas to the rest of your body
- How the constructive rest posture helps transfer energy
- How the psoas messages energy depletion in our bodies
- How Liz helps people listen to their psoas messages to impact their ability to thrive
- How early conditioning inhibits our kinesthetic awareness
- Being receptive to your body and the world around you
- The importance of staying hydrated
- The Spark in the Machine book by Daniel Keown
- Hara: The Vital Centre of Man book by Karlfried Graf Durckheim
Connect with Liz Koch:
Level Up Your Life
Are you ready to upgrade to the next version of you? If you are ready to receive the guidance, accountability, and support you need to up level your health, feel more energized, and truly love your body, then join me for the 11 Weeks to Level Up Your Life program!
The next round of Level Up Your Life begins in October 2017. Spots are limited so reserve your spot today!
Yay! You passed the 1-minute test!
If you like what you're reading, subscribe to get my latest self-care advice by email a couple of times a month.