Episode 60: Maximizing Your Genetic Potential
with Dr. Michelle Sands
Dr. Michelle Sands is a licensed Functional Medicine Physician and the founder of Glow Natural Medicine. She is a naturopathic doctor who is on a mission to help women harness the power of nature so they can impact their genetic expression and live a vibrant life by optimizing their physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health.
Dr. Michelle joins me today to share her insight on how women can optimize their genetic potential, the various factors that attribute to many health problems, and how genetic imbalances play a role in our overall health and well-being.
“The more you get to know about your body, the better off you will be.” – Dr. Michelle Sands
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- What is epigenetics
- The genetic effects of various child delivery methods
- How mapping out your body’s functions and dysfunctions can help you identify where to start focusing for improvement
- How one dysfunctional part of the body impacts other parts
- Stress and endocrine imbalances in women
- Various types of stress that affect our health and well-being
- How adrenal imbalances impact your digestion and other parts of your body
- What the Vagus nerve is and how bacterial and microbiome imbalances affect it
- When should women request thyroid tests – and which tests should they request
- The purpose of your auto-immune system
- How to improve your auto-immune system
- How to stimulate your Vagus nerve to improve health and digestion
- Whether you have a diagnosis or are dealing with an issue, you have the power to reverse it yourself.
Connect with Dr. Michelle Sands:
Level Up Your Life
Are you ready to upgrade to the next version of you? If you are ready to receive the guidance, accountability, and support you need to up level your health, feel more energized, and truly love your body, then join me for the Eleven Weeks to Level Up Your Life program!
The next round of Level Up Your Life begins in October 2017. Spots are limited so reserve your spot today!
Yay! You passed the 1-minute test!
If you like what you're reading, subscribe to get my latest self-care advice by email a couple of times a month.