Dr. Titus Chiu is an author, international speaker, and Functional Neurologist who is known to heal the brain naturally through the use of the five senses. His mission is to show the world the healing possibilities and the human potential through his words and actions. To heal his patients, he makes use of a combination of Functional Medicine and what he calls “Sensorigenomic Therapy.”
Sensorigenomics is a revolutionary method of brain healing using the five senses. He treats patients struggling with anxiety, concussion, Alzheimer’s, and many other autoimmune and neurological symptoms.
In today’s episode, Dr. Titus Chiu talks about sensorigenomics, how to improve brain health without any pills or supplements, how he makes use of the five senses to heal the brain, and various exercises you can perform right now to improve your life.
“This idea of body awareness comes in many different flavors.” – Dr. Titus Chiu
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- What is sensorigenomics and why is it important?
- What is his definition of neuroplasticity?
- The conditions he works with and how he makes use of the five senses to change the brain.
- How he usually assesses his patients.
- What is the 6th “bonus” sense?
- Why is it harder to balance with our eyes closed?
- The link between anxiety and proprioception.
- Self-care for common neurological symptoms.
- What he recommends for most people with brain fog and other neurological issues.
- The healthy fats he recommends and why he recommends them.
- The type of diets he recommends on specific groups of people.
- His thoughts on the ketogenic diet.
- The chemical and physical brain.
- The exercises he recommends his patients.
- It’s all about balance, not about having too much yin or yang.
- Proprioception allows us to move around comfortably in this planet.
Connect with Dr. Titus Chiu:
Level Up Your Life
Are you ready to upgrade to the next version of you? If you are ready to receive the guidance, accountability, and support you need to up level your health, feel more energized, and truly love your body, then join me for the 11 Weeks to Level Up Your Life program!
The next round of Level Up Your Life begins in October 10, 2017. Spots are limited so reserve your spot today!
The next round of Basics of Chinese Medicine begins on October 18, 2017. Spots are limited so reserve your spot today!
Share Your Healthy Curiosity
Thank you for joining me on today’s episode of A Healthy Curiosity, the podcast that explores what it takes to be well in today’s busy world with healthcare strategies through Chinese medicine. If you enjoyed today’s episode, please head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Share your favorite episodes with your friends on social media to help us spread the word and help more people achieve optimal health throughout their busy lives.
Yay! You passed the 1-minute test!
If you like what you're reading, subscribe to get my latest self-care advice by email a couple of times a month.