Episode 66: Ayurvedic Tips for Navigating the Seasonal Transition Into Autumn
with Colette Kent
Colette Kent is an Ayurvedic Educator and the founder of Elements Natural Healing and Wellbeing who has worked in the health and fitness industry for over 10 years. She is the former owner of a fitness studio in France who, despite her efforts to achieve optimal health, she still felt unhealthy. Following her participation in a 21-day ayurvedic body cleanse program, she began feeling healthier and inspired to become an Ayurvedic educator.
Today, Colette joins me to share her journey toward optimal health and how the ayurvedic methods she practices today can impact your health and wellbeing. She also shares tips on how to navigate the seasonal transition into Autumn and the importance of aligning your eating habits with what nature is currently doing.
“Ayurveda is all about tuning into nature and the rhythms of nature.” – Colette Kent
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- How eating with the seasons can impact your health
- What is Vata Dosha and how it affects your body during the Fall and Winter months
- How confusion in nature, such as unusual weather changes, can lead to confusion in our bodies
- When to conduct “seasonal cleanses”
- Types of food we should stop eating during a seasonal change – and which types of foods to add to our diet
- The benefits of using warming oils, such as organic sesame oil, on your skin
- Her recommendations for seasonal cleansing
- How Ayurveda cleansing helps you tune into your circadian rhythms as well as other body and mental channels
- Warming teas you should drink during seasonal transitions
- What is “alternate nostril breathing” and why practicing it is particularly balancing this time of year
- Dealing with seasonal immune system challenges during seasonal transition phases
3 Standard Phases of an Ayurvedic Cleanse:
- Main Cleansing
Colette’s Words of Wisdom:
- It’s about learning your body, tuning into nature, and understanding and empowering yourself to take charge of your own health.
- Eat easy-to-digest foods; sip on hot water and herbal teas to keep your digestion strong as we go into Fall.
Connect with Colette Kent:
Level Up Your Life
Are you ready to upgrade to the next version of you? If you are ready to receive the guidance, accountability, and support you need to up level your health, feel more energized, and truly love your body, then join me for the 11 Weeks to Level Up Your Life program!
The next round of Level Up Your Life begins in October 10 2017. Spots are limited so reserve your spot today!
Share Your Healthy Curiosity
Thank you for joining me on today’s episode of A Healthy Curiosity, the podcast that explores what it takes to be well in today’s busy world with healthcare strategies through Chinese medicine. If you enjoyed today’s episode, please head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Share your favorite episodes with your friends on social media to help us spread the word and help more people achieve optimal health throughout their busy lives.
Yay! You passed the 1-minute test!
If you like what you're reading, subscribe to get my latest self-care advice by email a couple of times a month.