Beverly Meyer is a practitioner, podcaster, and blogger who, like so many of us, have struggled with her own health issues early in life. In her college years, Beverly contracted herpes and she was disappointed at what was conventionally known at the time. She sought other doctors, received natural and conservative treatment, and she was able to at least suppress its symptoms. She has since become an advocate for alternative medicine and has established herself as a household name in the Paleo world.
In today’s episode, Beverly shares her learning experience and why she had an interest to research GABA. She also explains why she calls GABA the “forgotten neurotransmitter” and what you can do to determine if you’re low in GABA and how to improve your levels.
“GABA is that neurotransmitter that’s keeping things at a stable, steady pattern.” – Beverly Meyer
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- The four main neurotransmitters in the body.
- How seizures are linked to GABA.
- GABA’s main roles in the body.
- Does GABA get depleted and can it be increased through our diet?
- Why she tells her clients to remove gluten in their diet.
- Her favorite sleep trick.
- GABA sources she recommends.
- What is “leaky brain”?
- Her thoughts on seeing traditional doctors.
- People have to be willing to speak up and acknowledge that they deserve better doctors.
- The problem is human life right now revolves around stress. Our rational minds are swamped with irrational events that we can’t place in a rational system.
- Every cell in your body is programed to win, to live, and to do its job perfectly. We don’t have to make things happen, our job is to let things happen.
Connect with Beverly Meyer:
Level Up Your Life
Are you ready to upgrade to the next version of you? If you are ready to receive the guidance, accountability, and support you need to up level your health, feel more energized, and truly love your body, then join me for the 11 Weeks to Level Up Your Life program!
The next round of Level Up Your Life begins on October 10 2017. Spots are limited so reserve your spot today!
Share Your Healthy Curiosity
Thank you for joining me on today’s episode of A Healthy Curiosity, the podcast that explores what it takes to be well in today’s busy world with healthcare strategies through Chinese medicine. If you enjoyed today’s episode, please head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Share your favorite episodes with your friends on social media to help us spread the word and help more people achieve optimal health throughout their busy lives.
Yay! You passed the 1-minute test!
If you like what you're reading, subscribe to get my latest self-care advice by email a couple of times a month.