Episode 78: Hidden Health Hazards
with Maggie Berghoff
Today’s podcast features a conversation with Maggie Berghoff who is a nurse practitioner trained in Functional Medicine. Maggie uses a renowned step-by-step framework known as Balance Protocol to transform the lives of men and women using cutting-edge and natural medicine. Today, Maggie talks about 6 important environmental inputs – air, water, light, sound, food and EMF. She shares her insight on exactly how these inputs can affect us and offers simple tips and ideas for optimizing inputs in our daily lives.
In this episode, we talk about the many different ways our bodies are constantly exchanging energy with the environment around us. Whether it is through the food we digest, the air we breathe or even our exposure to EMF, the small and simple things we do each day impact our general health and well-being.
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- How often should we exchange the air in our home?
- The importance of filtering bathing water.
- How exposure to light affects our circadian rhythm.
- What effect does sound have on our vagus nerve?
- Should we avoid foods imported from other countries?
- How can you mitigate unavoidable contact with EMF?
- Whether we realize it or not, our bodies are constantly interpreting sounds, processing light, exchanging air and absorbing water.
- You don’t have to be purist to implement simple steps to optimize environmental inputs.
- See yourself as unique – get to know what your body specifically needs.
Connect with Maggie Berghoff:
Get Our Self-Care Manifesto
You have the right to take care of yourself. When you take care of yourself first, everyone around you will benefit, and will let you get more done in less time. If you need a reminder, just visit our webpage and click the download button. Then print and hang the manifesto on your wall or fridge or wherever you want so long as you get to see a positive reminder every day. Remember: Self-care is not selfish; it is essential.
Level Up Your Life
It’s no secret that the key to feeling vital, vibrant and thriving lies in our everyday habits. But, despite your best intentions, life can get in the way.
Taking small, doable steps in the direction of better allows you to evolve and level up over time. And evolving with support, accountability, and other kind, conscious people on a growth path is way easier and more fun!
If you’re serious about Leveling Up, creating more ease in your life, feel strong, lean and comfortable in your body as well as more present and joyful in 2018, I would love to have a conversation with you. Go to brodiewelch.com/Level-up and apply for your FREE discovery call.
Yay! You passed the 1-minute test!
If you like what you're reading, subscribe to get my latest self-care advice by email a couple of times a month.