Episode 71: Health and Happiness
with Dr. Robin Miller
Dr. Robin Miller is the author of the book HEALED! that puts the spotlight on the link between health and happiness and why you can’t have one without the other. She’s a board certified doctor of Internal Medicine and was an Integrative Medicine Fellow at the University of Arizona. She’s the current Medical Director of Triune Integrative Medicine and blogs regularly on Sharecare.com. She strongly believes while traditional medicine is imperative for good health, you also have to keep an open mind with regards to the benefits of complementary therapies and treatment.
In today’s episode, Dr. Robin sheds light on what her book is all about. She emphasizes on the common health misconceptions and myths surrounding popular foods as well as shares actual studies that disproved them. She also shares her take on the concept of dieting and gives tips on the lifestyle interventions we should do to improve our health for the long term.
“The microbiome is fascinating. It’s growing our ability to help people and understand what’s going on.” – Dr. Robin Miller
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- Why she transitioned from traditional medicine to integrative medicine.
- Why cholesterol is not a good marker of heart disease.
- The benefits of genetic tests to common diseases.
- What is the MTHFR gene and why is it important?
- Gut health and its relationship to mood.
- How does she define “eating healthy?”
- Her take on common foods, their benefits, and who should avoid them.
- Why she doesn’t like “diets.”
- When we eat is as important as what we eat.
- Exercises changes your gut flora.
- Most people will gain their weight back after their diet, partly because your body wants you to get back to where you were.
Connect with Dr. Robin Miller:
- Well Healed
- Healed book by Dr. Robin Miller