Episode 73: Fusing Yoga, Journaling, and Meditation
with Brett Larkin
Brett Larkin is the founder of Uplifted Yoga and leads the most interactive online yoga program. Her background includes fifteen years of modern dance and ballet, a 200-hour Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Training, and various work experience with companies and organizations like Google HQ. She has over 1.5 million minutes’ worth of online classes and YouTube videos. Her goal is to make yoga and meditation accessible, fun, and transformative.
In today’s episode, Brett shares her wisdom on the concept of yoga and meditation and what it means in the context of long-term health and wellness. She talks about her special fusion, the different techniques she uses, and deep dives on the many types of chakras.
“Yoga has always been a precursor to meditation.” – Brett Larkin
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- How she developed and uses her specific combination.
- Why journaling was her secret third piece.
- What is Pranayama?
- The different techniques she uses.
- Why we should pay attention to chakras.
- What the chakra system is all about.
- The different types of chakras.
- How to work with chakras?
- Asking the good questions can be a secret in getting in touch with vital wisdom.
- Each chakra is like a little gem that has colors and visualizations.
- If the mind is not empty, you’re failing meditation.