Episode 74: Thriving in the Workplace with Autoimmune Disease
with Holly Bertone
Holly Bertone is a Certified Natural Health Professional, Project Management Professional, one of Amazon’s bestselling authors, and the President & CEO of Pink Fortitude, LLC, a company dedicated to inspiring people to live a happier and healthier life. She is also a breast cancer and Hashimoto’s survivor, and while both were detrimental diseases, she used those two health challenges as inspiration to help others. She is especially committed to reaching out to cancer and autoimmune survivors and help them get back on their feet and live quality lives.
In today’s episode, Holly shares how she juggled working a full-time job, going through cancer treatment, being a sexy fiancé, and a good stepmom. She shares how she found out she had thyroid issues, her struggles at her previous job, and how she eventually turned it back around and won over her diseases.
“Self-care is very important. You can’t take care of anyone else before you take care of yourself.” – Holly Bertone
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- What is Hashimoto’s disease?
- The changes she made once she learned she had Hashimoto’s.
- Why avoiding gluten and dairy is beneficial for those with thyroid issues.
- How she balanced having cancer and having a normal, happy life.
- The struggles she went through at work due to her autoimmune disease.
- How she helps herself through periods of brain fog.
- Even if the law is on your side, it doesn’t mean reality is always rainbows and puppy kisses.
- It’s better to be motivated from a place of choice as opposed to feeling like you have no choice.