Episode 27: Compassionate Communication
with LaShelle Lowe-Chardé
Do you find it difficult to communicate your needs and wants to friends and loved ones?
You’re not alone.
In Episode 27, Brodie talks compassionate communication and boundaries with LaShelle Lowe-Chardé, a certified trainer in Non-Violence Communication (NVC). LaShelle coaches couples and individuals on developing healthy communication skills, with an emphasis on identifying universal needs and staying grounded through mindfulness practices.
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- How different people have different needs
- Helpful vocabulary for expressing needs and wants
- The difference between sympathy and empathy
- Things that may feel or seem like empathy, but aren’t
- Boundaries! Setting them and finding success
- What happens when we fail to honor our own boundaries
Learn more about LaShelle at www.wiseheartpdx.org.