Episode 50: Holistic Sex Ed
with Robin LaCross
Did you know over 40% of the population has the Human Papilloma Virus, or HPV? Did you know that until recently, the only reliable testing for HPV was for women? Did you know that your chance of contracting HPV with a new partner is about 1 in 2?!
Probably not, because most sex ed these days is crappy, and, frankly, it has been for a long time.
In Episode 50 of A Healthy Curiosity, host Brodie Welch, L.Ac. talks with Robin LaCross, Holistic Health Practitioner, Sex Educator, and founder of The HPV Education Project about the ways we as a society are failing our teens, and especially our teen girls, when it comes to educating them about their sexual and reproductive health and safety.
In this episode, we explore:
- HPV, its risks, its tests, its prevention, and its treatment
- Failures of the current sexual education system
- Talking to teens about sexual and reproductive health
- Benefits of holistic sexual and reproductive health practices
- The Fertility Awareness Method
- IUDs and birth control pills (plus other forms of BC)
Robin’s Facebook Page:
Robin on Twitter: