Episode 53 (aka E02): Slowing the Summer Down
with Jennie Cramer
In this episode from AHC’s archives, Chinese Medicine expert and host Brodie Welch, L.Ac. talks with guest Jennie Cramer about living in harmony with the seasons. The frenzy of summertime and the pressure we feel to take advantage of all the exciting opportunities we’re presented with, even when our bodies might be telling us to take a break, can lead to disharmony and really throw us out of balance…if we allow it.
In this episode we explore:
- The nature of summer in Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda (full yang, pitta season)
- The ways our relationships with the seasons affect our daily wellness
- Symptoms as messages from the body
- Creating a life you don’t need a vacation from
- Should we need an excuse to let ourselves rest?
- Is your anxiety a message from your body? What could that message be?
- The benefits of rhythm and setting a schedule
- Decision fatigue
If you’d like to get in touch with Jennie, you can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.