Episode 58: How to Heal Your Pain Now
with Dr. Joe Tatta
Dr. Joe Tatta is a doctor of physical therapy, nutritionist, functional pain science expert, and the author of the number one bestselling book, Heal Your Pain Now. He is recognized throughout the healthcare industry for integrating brain science, nutrition, emotions, and movement into easily implemented treatments for lasting pain relief. Dr. Tatta is on a mission to heal people’s pain quickly and compassionately and reverse the global pain epidemic.
He joins me today to explain what pain truly is, where it starts, and how emotions and beliefs play a role in pain management for chronic pain sufferers. He shares his insight and knowledge about how emotional traumas, such as PTSD, play a role in our body’s ability to heal and repair itself, the importance of eating whole foods for chronic pain sufferers, and provides practical tips for managing pain throughout the day.
“Thoughts are things, and they have the ability to influence the body on a physical and emotional level.” – Dr. Joe Tatta
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- The context of when the pain occurs, how the brain interprets pain, and the connection with how we feel it
- The physiological changes that occur in the body due to stress and trauma
- How inflammation affects the body and triggers pain
- The relationship between chronic pain, anxiety, and depression
- Why the “story” that is developed around each person’s pain is an important factor in reducing chronic pain
- How your belief system plays a role in your ability to manage pain
- How to retrain your brain to not feel pain
- The effects of repressing emotions
- The psychological message of the “chronic pain” label
- The role that nutrition plays in chronic pain management
Let's stay in touch.
Self-care strategy and Chinese Medicine tips will arrive in your inbox delightfully infrequently.