Episode 64: Stopping Time
with Pedram Shojai, OMD
Dr. Pedram Shojai is a fellow Chinese medicine practitioner, a Qigong teacher, known philanthropist, and a New York Times bestselling author. He’s also made headlines in the movie industry producing documentaries. Above all, he is known as the Urban Monk, a person who advocates the use of Oriental Medicine and favors a holistic approach to wellness. His new book The Art of Stopping Time was written to help people find more time, energy, and peace in their life.
In today’s episode, Pedram shares why he quit being a traditional “clinician,” how he got into his current career, and his daily health routines. He also explains what his books and documentaries are all about and actionable tips and strategies you can use right now to help improve your life.
“No one is going to fix the world; It’s you. Fix yourself then fix the world. Help yourself, then help the world.” – Dr. Pedram Shojai
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- How he went from working with people as a clinician to what he’s doing today.
- Where has he had the most success in getting people to actually follow his recommendations.
- How he started his new career with reverse engineering.
- His strategy when he needs to dig deep and tap into his “infinite place.”
- Why the media and the government seem to disempower you.
- How he supports companies that don’t support the destruction of the world.
- Low cost things that people can do to be part of the solution.
- What is Time Compression Syndrome?
- The goal of any noble profession is to put itself out of business.
- There’s a huge difference between what the media tells you what happiness looks like and what happiness really is.
- Never allow yourself to get out of breath; stay under your breath