Episode 92: Biohacking, Sleep Hacking, and Self-Quantification
with Arvin Khamseh
We discuss some fascinating topics in today’s podcast, including biohacking and how it allows us to take control over physiology in ways that we don’t normally think of. We also talk about the importance of sleep. My guest Arvin Khamseh shares his thoughts on why sleep is so crucial to a healthy and a happy life. He also sheds some light on some sleep hacking techniques that can have a big impact on getting a good night’s sleep.
Arvin Khamseh is an Oxford-trained geek and graduate of the National Organization of Development of Exceptional Talents. He is a contributor to publications such as Thrive Global, American Student Dental Association (ASDA) and Medium and Better Humans. Arvin’s expert advice has been featured in the top named Inc. Magazine podcast: Conscious Millionaire and he has spoken on stage at one of the largest health and fitness retreats on the east coast. After extensive lab research, self-experimentation and personal mentoring, he was able to add 215 lbs. to his deadlift, help his mother easily lose over 30 lbs. and has reversed two dental cavities.
“It is possible to maximize our sleep quality. The challenge is remembering what it was like to get a good night’s sleep. Most of us forget or get used to bad sleep patterns and never take the steps to correct them” – Arvin Khamseh
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- What exactly is biohacking?
- The types of biohacking information we should pay attention to and is most relevant.
- Why gut biome/bacteria and genetic tests might be the 2 most important self-screening tests we can do.
- How to biohack the intangibles – like stress.
- Tips for sleep hacking – why would we even want to do that?
- Reasons why some people can’t get a good night’s sleep and strategies to overcome that obstacle.
- Is taking Melatonin for sleep a good idea?
- A special resource for those that are interested in learning more about sleep hacking.