I work with people who like to be active partners in their healing process.
Acupuncture is the most effective treatment available for many kinds of pain.
It works by helping the body heal itself.
Acupuncture sends messages to your body to reduce inflammation, restore muscle and joint function, increase range of motion and strength.
It releases powerful endorphins and regulates the hypothalmic-pituitary-adrenal axis, helping us shift out of fight-flight-freeze mode and back into rest-and-digest mode. When that happens, hormones can come back into balance. We feel relaxed and at ease. And the body can heal.
If you’re already an established patient, you can schedule an appointment here. If you’ve recently had COVID, we need you to wait 14 days from your first positive test before coming in. If you’re exhibiting respiratory symptoms of any kind (regardless of cause), please test for Covid. If you’re negative, medical-grade masks will be required.
Not yet a patient? Please call us at (541) 757-4868 and we’ll set you up with your initial series of appointments.
When you call, we’ll set you up with a plan of care that best supports your goals.
- For best results in the the treatment of pain, we’d ideally see each other twice a week for three weeks, at which point we’d expect a about a 50% improvement, and then re-evaluate from there. You might need a few more visits, or it might be appropriate to stretch out the interval between appointments until you get the result you want; every case is different.
- For internal medicine conditions where herbs, lifestyle, and diet therapies are used to support the system, once a week for four weeks and then 2x/month is usually a good starting framework.
We’ll schedule your initial series when you make your first appointment to make sure we can guarantee responsible follow-through on your plan of care, as our schedule fills up quickly.
You want to stop popping Advil, Aleve, Tylenol, Tums, etc., to treat your symptoms.
You want to get to the root cause, and help your body heal itself.
You want to work with an experienced, compassionate, practitioner who will listen to you and help you feel better.
You’ve come to the right place.
I tend to have success with issues like:
- Back and neck pain, sciatica, neuralgia
- Stress, anxiety, depression
- Tiredness, adrenal fatigue, chronic fatigue
- Autoimmune conditions: like fibromyalgia
- Knee, shoulder, wrist, or any other joint pain, arthritis
- Hot flashes, night sweats, PMS, painful periods, heavy bleeding
- Headaches, migraines
- Sleep problems
- Digestive issues: bloating, IBS, constipation, diarrhea, GERD
- Recovery from surgery
- Psycho-emotional re-patterning
- Respiratory issues: asthma, allergies
- Conditions where other forms of medicine haven’t helped, or where the side-effects outweigh the benefits
A handful of sessions could make a big difference. A dozen could be life-changing.
We’ll draft a personalized plan of care that could include: acupuncture, electro-acupuncture, dry needling, Chinese herbal medicine, lifestyle and diet counseling, cupping, gua sha, breathing, qi gong, and/or meditation.
Still have questions? Read more about acupuncture.
As a practitioner, I believe:
- In treating you like I’d treat a member of my own family
- That a healthy society is one that affirms the equality and celebrates the dignity of all humans, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, or religious beliefs.
- That I’m doing my job when you don’t need to come back for treatment
- That my first job is to listen to you with compassion
- That no one knows your body better than than you, so I take you and your intuition seriously
- That what you do in your daily life will have a profound effect on whether or not you get better, so I’ll strategize with you about ways you can help yourself
- In treating both the symptoms that brought you here as well as the root cause
- Every interaction that you have with a medical provider should help you feel better
- In empowering you with the knowledge and tools to take care of yourself
- No one has all the answers, and if I don’t think I can help you, I’ll tell you and provide you with a thoughtful referral
- In lifelong learning, so I am constantly deepening our knowledge of Chinese, Ayurvedic, Allopathic, and functional medicine, in addition to learning from everyone I treat
- In walking my talk about holistic self-care
- In bioindividuality: what works for someone else’s body might be different than what’s right for you
- That you have the right to prioritize your wellness, and that when you do, everyone in your life will benefit — and I understand how difficult this can be
- That when you change what and how you eat, move, deal with stress, and sleep, you can dramatically change how you feel, no matter how old you are
- That you’re not what you eat, you’re what you can digest
- That small changes repeated over time will take you in a very different direction than you’d otherwise be heading
- In strategizing with you and supporting you to make healthy changes in your life
- That adapting to a sick society is not a sign of health
- In giving back to our community