Episode 79: Countering Stress Culture with Heartmath and Hypnosis
with Dr. Millie Lytle
For those who regularly listen to this podcast, you’ll know that I have a genuine interest in how shaping and evolving the culture around us is key in becoming healthy individually. In today’s episode, we have a chance to hear from Millennia Ruth Lytle who is a licensed naturopathic doctor and certified nutrition specialist. Affectionately known as Dr. Millie, she has a special interest in solving health puzzles naturally and is involved in focusing these efforts in the corporate world.
Dr. Millie provides corporate stress-relief wellness programs and consults on dietary supplements with R&D divisions of companies. Today we talk about the impact a working environment can have on individual employees – their stress levels and productivity – and how that can ultimately affect a company’s bottom line. We also discuss a few other significant topics in relationship to stress relief and management including heart math and hypnosis.
“Job stress is more strongly associated with health complaints than financial problems or family problems. Statistics show that when there is less stress on the job, there is more productivity.” – Dr. Millie
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- The coherence between mind and heart
- How is your heart hormonal?
- Can we change the way we perceive stress?
- How you can apply the principles of heart math at home.
- Recognizing what thoughts bring good feelings and true peace.
- Understanding what is nurturing us the most.
- Dispelling common myths and misconceptions about hypnosis.
- What systemic changes are being made in the corporate world to relieve stress.
- There is a connection and coherence between the mind and emotions.
- We can change our thinking patterns to align with our feelings.
- Stress is all about perception – we can change the way we perceive stress, which can change our feelings about stress at any given moment.
Connect with Dr. Millie Lytle: