Episode 162: Perfectionism and People-Pleasing
with Amy E. Smith ACC, CPCC
Our need for belonging and approval traces its roots back to our primary evolution to survive, but today, it can often lead to setting impossible standards for ourselves in an effort to please everyone around us. Amy E. Smith shares some fascinating insights into why it’s so toxic to let everyone else come before ourselves and how we can begin to overcome our people-pleasing ways by pairing assertiveness with kindness and grace. We dig into ways to hone your sense of self to seek the fastest avenue to peace by focusing on intentions rather than receptions.
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- How perfectionism is just another form of people-pleasing
- The value of serving from a place of love and sustainable energy
- Why people-pleasing is a facade and how to stop doing it
- Finding trigger concepts by asking yourself what you habitually complain about
- Tips for feeling powerful in potentially triggering situations
Amy E. Smith is a certified confidence coach, masterful speaker, and personal empowerment expert. Founder of TheJoyJunkie.com, Amy uses her roles as coach, writer, podcaster, and speaker to move individuals to a place of radical personal empowerment and self-love. With acute focus on helping people “find their voice”, she is highly sought after for her uncommon style of irreverence, wisdom, and humor and has been a featured expert on Fox 5 San Diego and YourTango.com
Connect with Amy:
Let's stay in touch.
Self-care strategy and Chinese Medicine tips will arrive in your inbox delightfully infrequently.