Episode 192: Personality Isn’t Permanent
with Dr. Benjamin Hardy
With so many personality assessments and indicators out there, it can be easy to fall into a rigid idea of what traits you feel you have to embody. Dr. Benjamin Hardy is here to discuss why you aren’t just who you are, though. He encourages us to see ourselves as being far more dynamic than a Myers-Briggs or Enneagram type might make you feel.
By viewing our purpose and goals as ongoing shapers of our personality, we can influence who we are and what we’re heading towards.
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- How his work evolved from examining willpower to personality
- Why our original natures are not fixed
- What effect our life context can have on how we view ourselves
- How approaching challenges with a purpose in mind can make them development opportunities
- The advice he has for those getting stuck in fixed definitions of themselves
Dr. Benjamin Hardy is an organizational psychologist, successful entrepreneur and bestselling author of Willpower Doesn’t Work. His blog is read by millions of people monthly and featured on Forbes, Fortune, and CNBC. He’s also a regular contributor to Inc., Psychology Today, and Medium.
His new book, Personality Isn’t Permanent, provides science-based strategies for reframing past memories, becoming the scribe of your identity narrative, upgrading your subconscious, and redesigning your environment.
Personality Isn’t Permanent by Dr. Benjamin Hardy
The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
Connect With Dr. Benjamin Hardy:
Find out how to enroll in the Level Up course
Learn more about the Basics of Chinese Medicine