Episode 196: The Science of Slim – Why Diet and Exercise Aren’t Enough
with Dr. Kyrin Dunston, M.D.
As we age, our bodies can send us messages about what’s happening and what we need to do in the form of symptoms. With the proper investment of time and energy along with guidance from someone knowledgeable in the field, we can bring drastic transformation to our lives.
Dr. Kyrin Dunston, M.D. is one such guide helping people along this path. If you’re interested in learning about how to adapt your diet and lifestyle as you age in order to function optimally, and especially if you’re a woman in the menopause or perimenopause years, you definitely want to hear what Dr. Dunston shares in this conversation.
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- Why it’s important to distinguish between “optimal” and “normal” with things like thyroid levels
- What else is part of the weight loss picture besides eating less and exercising more
- How Dr. Dunston recommends we begin an approach to detoxing
- What micronutrient insufficiency is and its effect on us
- Dr. Dunston’s go-to first steps for helping with weight loss in the perimenopause or menopause years
Leading by example, OBGYN Dr. Kyrin Dunston lost a life-changing 100 lbs. and healed herself from chronic disease by addressing the root causes of her overweight and dysfunctional condition. This personal transformation in turn caused a professional one and she left OBGYN practice in 2011 to pursue helping women heal with this revolutionary type of natural medicine after being trained in Anti-Aging, Metabolic and Functional Medicine.
As the host of Her Brilliant Health Secrets youtube series Dr. Dunston educates and inspires women to take control of their bodies and their lives and to thrive in menopause, not just survive.
Connect With Dr. Kyrin Dunston, M.D.: