Episode 199: Addressing Insomnia with Chinese Medicine
with Dr. Damiana Corca
In a yang addicted society, particularly in the COVID era, falling asleep and staying asleep can be a serious challenge. Unfortunately, there’s no one size fits all solution to better sleep, but if we start to treat our symptoms as places to get curious, we can begin to recognize some of the patterns that will lead us in the right direction.
Dr. Damiana Corca joins this conversation to discuss some whole body approaches to getting better sleep. She encourages us to balance our yin and yang activity because in order to achieve, we have to rest.
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- How she starts dialing into what insomnia looks like for individual patients
- What her philosophy is on splitting the day evenly between yin and yang
- The role of melatonin and her thoughts on using supplements
- What she’s seen as the most common types of insomnia
- Why it’s beneficial to identify signs of problems as they build, even before symptoms appear
Dr. Damiana Corca is a sleep & wellness specialist helping people sleep better by using principles from functional medicine and Chinese medicine. Her practice is devoted to helping individuals heal from chronic sleep issues, and just as important, teaching how to prevent insomnia from developing in the first place. Her book on insomnia, to be published in winter of 2020, looks at the 5 insomniac types and a functional approach to healing insomnia.
Connect With Dr. Damiana Corca: