Episode 02: Slowing Down Summer
with Jennie Cramer
Chinese Medicine expert and host Brodie Welch, L.Ac. talks with guest Jennie Cramer about living in harmony with the seasons.
Jennie is a farming yoga mom who is passionate about ancestral living, ecology, and living in accordance with her values.
Today we discuss how the frenzy of summertime and the pressure we feel to take advantage of all the exciting opportunities we’re presented with, even when our bodies might be telling us to take a break, can lead to disharmony and really throw us out of balance… if we allow it.
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity, we explore:
- The nature of summer in Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda (full yang, pitta season)
- The ways our relationships with the seasons affect our daily wellness
- Symptoms as messages from the body
- Creating a life you don’t need a vacation from
- Should we need an excuse to let ourselves rest?
- Is your anxiety a message from your body? What could that message be?
- The benefits of rhythm and setting a schedule
- Decision fatigue
If you’d like to get in touch with Jennie, you can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.