Episode 04: Body as Ecosystem
Chinese Medicine expert and host Brodie Welch talks with colleague Joe Moceus, L.Ac., about one of the central principles of Chinese Medicine: the notion that the body is an ecosystem rather than a machine to be fixed.
Like a tree with lots of branches, the same root cause can give rise to a number of very different symptoms.
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity, we explore:
- Why Chinese Medicine focuses on patterns of disharmony rather than symptoms
- If it’s happening in nature, it’s happening in us as well
- How everything in the body affects everything else
- The cycles of 7 and 8 and the phases of our lives
- The Imbalance Continuum and the importance of treating beforehand
- Brodie’s acupuncture orbit
- Treating to balance the energy within but also to balance it with our lives.