Episode 10: Healthy Periods
with Bridgit Danner, L.Ac. and FDNP
Your period doesn’t have to suck. Just because symptoms like cramping and PMS are common doesn’t mean that they’re something all people who menstruate have to expect and resign themselves to. This episode with Bridgit Danner, L.Ac. and Functional Diagnostic Nutritionist demystifies the menstrual cycle and how the cycle clues us into the overall health of our bodies.
Bridgit manages a community called the Women’s Wellness Collaborative, which is centered around helping women increase wellness and balance in their lives, especially in relation to hormones, the menstrual cycle, and fertility. She and Brodie talk about ways in which women can learn to tune into their menstrual cycle at any age to relieve pain and irritability associated with menstruation, balance hormones, and manage fertility.
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity, we explore:
- What functional medicine is
- Lack of education around the menstrual cycle
- What a standard menstrual cycle looks and feels like
- Why menstrual pain may occur
- What you can do to regulate and embrace your menstrual cycle
- Seed cycling: what is it and how does it help?