Episode 11: Emotional Healing & Acupuncture, Part 1
On today’s show, Brodie talks with a long-time patient, “Marcia” – not her real name, per her request. We talk about how acupuncture helped her let go of emotions related to post-traumatic stress that she developed after a camping trip with her husband that led to an ER visit and emergency quadruple-bypass surgery. Marcia’s story is a powerful example of how acupuncture can help us let go of stuck energy in the form of emotions.
Marcia also describes how understanding herself from a Chinese Medicine perspective helped her to develop self-compassion, and self-love, and appreciation. In particular, we get into the notion of Constitutional Type. Kind of like the Myers-Briggs Personality test, your astrological sign, your Enneagram number, or your Ayurvedic Dosha, Chinese Medicine likens different aspects of our physiology, psychology, and mental tendencies to the elements of nature: wood, fire, earth, metal and water.
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity, we explore:
- Issues that Marcia has used Acupuncture to help treat
- What part of the acupuncture process is most helpful in treating these issues?
- How the pre-treatment interview process helps patients tune in to deeper issues
- Emotional release during treatment and emotions as qi
- How slowing down our lives can help us feel more in control
- Having compassion for yourself
- How identifying your constitutional type can help you keep yourself and your life in balance
- Similarities and differences between emotional healing in acupuncture and talk therapy
When we can act with greater self-awareness, we open ourselves up to new possibilities. Recognizing that we don’t have to be bound by our go-to tendencies and habits, we are free to stretch into the fullness of our potential on all levels. We may even discover new latent superpowers — inner strengths we have yet to tap.