Episode 16: Healing Through the Belly
with Li-Lan Hsiang Weiss
In Episode 16, Brodie talks with Li-Lan Hsiang Weiss, Licensed Acupuncturist and practitioner of the Arvigo Technique, or Mayan Abdominal Therapy. Western medicine is just beginning to understand the link between the digestive system and the brain, but other cultures have been using the brain/digestion relationship for millennia to heal both mind and body. Li-Lan’s experience is unique: born in Taiwan and transplanted at an early age to Guatemala, she brings a very multicultural approach to her practice where she focuses on reproductive, digestive, and emotional well-being for women, men, and children.
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity, we explore:
- The Arvigo Technique: what is it, what can it treat?
- The link between the belly and the nervous system
- Similarities between Mayan healing practices and Chinese Medicine
- Other Mayan healing practices
- What IS vaginal steaming?
- Emotional tension manifesting physically in the body and what abdominal massage can do to release it