Episode 19: Acupuncture – Bridging the Research Gap
with Matthew Bauer, L.Ac.
Did you know acupuncture is being used to treat veterans with PTSD?
Don’t worry, most people don’t.
In Episode 19, Brodie talks with Matthew Bauer, Licensed Acupuncturist and President of the Acupuncture Now Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to clearing up common misconceptions about acupuncture as well as helping acupuncture reach its full potential around the world. Matt founded the Acupuncture Now Foundation to improve the information about acupuncture that is available to the public, including treatment options, treatable conditions, treatment availability, current research, and more.
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity, we explore:
- The problems with current acupuncture research
- Acupuncture information scarcity
- Some promising acupuncture studies
- Unexpected places acupuncture is being used
- Acupuncture on babies(!)
- Acupuncture and the opioid epidemic