Episode 20: Breast Health
with Dr. Carla Garcia
1 in 12 women will get invasive breast cancer. The primary means of screening – mammograms are detecting more breast cancer, but that doesn’t translate into lives saved. In a study of 90,000 women over a 25-year period, women in the mammogram group’s mortality rates were even with women who didn’t get mammograms. In addition, mammograms are painful, subject women to radiation, and aren’t particularly helpful for the 45% of women with dense breast tissue. Enter thermography: a non-invasive, radiation-free, pain-free alternative to mammograms.
In today’s episode, Brodie talks with Dr. Carla Garcia, a board-certified Doctor of Oriental Medicine with more than 30 years of experience in Integrative Medicine, who has been utilizing thermography in her practice since 1999.
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- What is thermography and how does it work?
- Screening tools vs. diagnostic tools
- Why thermography may be a better screening alternative for women
- The connection between qi stagnation and inflammation
- Dr. Garcia’s top self-care tips for breast health