Episode 95: Healthy, Tasty Food Made Easy
with Rachael Pontillo
My guest for today’s podcast is Rachael Pontillo, a health coach, esthetician and best-selling author. We talk about the connection between what we eat and how that impacts our skin. We also discuss strategies for getting out of a “food rut” and how to implement healthy eating in an easier way.
Rachael is the bestselling author of the book Love Your Skin, Love Yourself, and co-author of The Sauce Code. She’s an AADP and IAHC Board Certified International Health Coach, licensed aesthetician; and natural skincare formulator and educator. She’s the president and co-founder of the Nutritional Aesthetics™ Alliance, the creator of the popular skincare and healthy lifestyle blog, Holistically Haute™, as well as the much-loved online course, Create Your Skincare. She’s an avid herbalist, self-professed skincare ingredient junkie, and lifelong learner.
“When you make a healthy lifestyle transition, it can seem very daunting at first. It may feel like it’s going to take forever before you see changes. That’s not true! Once I got started, it only took about a month before I not only felt much better, but felt like a superhero with much more energy than I had ever had before.” – Rachael Pontillo
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- What does being a health coach have to do with skincare?
- The important role a health diet plays in having healthy skin.
- What is the “Skin Trigger Trifeta?”
- Once you have removed some of the trigger foods in your diet, what is the next step to having clear skin?
- What it was like for Rachel to write a book with her husband who is a chef.
- How preparing sauces in advance can be beneficial for those with busy lifestyles.
- The benefits of looking at a home kitchen as a professional kitchen.
- What foods we should avoid buying on sale.