Episode 96: Integrative Cancer Care
with Kirstin Nussgruber
Today we’re discussing one of the scariest diagnoses out there – one that has the potential to shut us down or become a true turning point in life: cancer. This is a topic that hits home personally for me as I have worked with a number of people who are dealing with cancer in both early and late stages. It’s something that can instill fear and paralysis in people. My guest is Kirstin Nussgruber who is a cancer survivor herself. She shares her powerful survival story and her unique insight into transforming our relationship with cancer.
Kirstin is an empathetic cancer mentor, speaker and educator who is passionate about helping people get out of cancer overwhelm by teaching them how to reclaim their lives. A two-time cancer survivor herself, she learned first hand the importance of an integrative approach to one’s health to facilitate true healing. She offers individualized mentoring, can be hired for inspirational speaking engagements and offers interactive virtual programs such as the Beyond Cancer Program™. She is also the bestselling author of “Confessions of a Cancer Conqueror – My 5 Step Process to Transform Your Relationship with Cancer.”
“It’s important to be open to sharing emotions. We don’t need to shield our kids from emotions. We need to be able to show them emotions, talk to them about those emotions and let them have them as well without us judging them.” – Kirstin Nussgruber
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- Kirstin’s inspiring survival story.
- First steps in dealing with the news that you have been diagnosed with cancer.
- The benefits of allowing emotion to play its role.
- Allowing our loved ones, including children to deal with their emotions.
- How to avoid the blame game and regret.
- How can we understand the spiritual message that our physical pain is sending us?
- Dealing with the disconnect that can happen between our mental/spiritual limits and our physical limits.
- Changing our vision of what is “healthy.”
- What can people do with their diet to facilitate detoxification and perhaps cancer prevention?
- The effects of inviting fear to the table when it comes to dealing with cancer.
Connect with Kirstin:
Sign up for her newsletter and find out more about her book: “Confessions of a Cancer Conqueror”: www.kirstinscancercare.com