PART-TIME OFFICE ASSISTANT/ RECEPTIONIST
Life in Balance Acupuncture is on a mission to alleviate suffering by reducing chronic pain and stress, while empowering people to take care of themselves on all levels. Be part of the healing process at the Front Desk.
I’m eagerly seeking a friendly, reliable, part-time Office Assistant/ Receptionist with impeccable integrity and excellent communication skills.
The job includes:
- Welcoming and scheduling patients warmly upon arrival, answering their questions
- Receiving and recording payment
- Answering the phone, responding to voicemail and email messages
- Educating patients in self-care assignments and herbal prescriptions as directed
- Cleaning treatment rooms between patients;
- Managing inventory, ordering herbs and office supplies;
- Social media outreach;
- Keeping the office running smoothly so the Acupuncturist can stay focused on providing exceptional patient care, while maintaining confidential and caring relationships with patients, clients.
- You’ll also help with errands, cleaning, updating the website and email list, managing the podcast, and creating marketing materials.
Approx. 22-30 hours/ week.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Warmth, respect, impeccable integrity
- Impeccable integrity; a responsible, ethical orientation to the world
- Excellent communication skills (in person, over the phone, and in writing)
- Attention to detail
- Independent problem-solving skills
- A growth mindset: feel undaunted by learning new tech, sometimes on the fly
- At least one year’s experience in an office environment
- A respect for / interest in Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Ability to quickly process information orally
- Ability to run errands as needed
- An internet connection
- A desire to work in a progressive, woman-owned, LGBTQ+ friendly environment
- Flexibility in their schedule
- Availability Mon., Tuesdays, Thurs, and a few flexible hours Wed/ Friday (where working remotely is possible)
- Ability to work in the US and commute reliably to Corvallis, Oregon
- Full vaccination against Covid-19
Even better if you have:
- Experience in a health care office
- Experience with or interest in Chinese Medicine, acupuncture, qi gong
- Social media marketing experience
- Experience with WordPress, Canva, email marketing, scheduling software
- Ability to read minds
The schedule is typically 23-30 hours/ week, as the patient schedule changes. I typically see patients Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays (sometimes usually 2.5 days) when I’ll need someone at the front desk. You’ll also be needed for a few hours Friday afternoons to check messages/ emails to ensure a full schedule after 3pm, clean, stock herbs, etc;, and to check voicemail/ email on Wednesdays which can be done remotely.
If I’m traveling, I’ll see often see patients on Wednesdays instead of Thursdays (same hours, different days, and you’ll know at least a month in advance of schedule deviations). The ideal candidate will appreciate having flexibility as well as a fair amount of autonomy.
Compensation starts at $14.75-$16.00/ hour.
To apply, please supply your cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your consideration!