Episode 82: Missing Nutrients for Mental Health
with Dr. Christina Bjorndal
In this episode of “A Healthy Curiosity,” we speak with Dr. Christina Bjorndal, an expert in the connection between mental health and food. Dr. Chris, as her patients know her, is gracious enough to share her past experiences with depression that led to attempted suicide and how those experiences led her to a new passion in life – the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual approach to overall wellness.
Dr. Christina Bjorndal, ND, completed her Doctorate in naturopathic medicine from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. She is an authority in the treatment of mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorders and eating disorders.
“It’s important to remember that there are people out there who are truly struggling and hurting. We all need to love each other a little bit more.” – Dr. Chris
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- How the effects of antibiotics in your gut can negatively impact your brain.
- What are the beliefs that are driving you? Are they true?
- Wearing the mask of “Everything is okay on the outside, but I’m dying on the inside”
- How our diet helps build proper neurotransmitters.
- Identifying the essential nutrients that we can’t make on our own, but need to bring in through our diet.
- The difference between just “eating healthy” and “eating healthy…for you!”
- Healing our relationships with self-worth and beginning to love life again.
- The real diagnosis of a mental health issue is based on what’s going on inside – not what we might see on the outside.
- There are 4 aspects to wellness – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Disease can and does manifest in all aspects.
- It’s so important to recognize and learn that we do have a choice in how we shape our thinking.
Connect with Dr. Christina Bjorndal: