Episode 86: Natural Chemo Support
with Carol Lourie
Chemotherapy has been described as one of the most traumatic and difficult treatments one can go through. But unfortunately, in this toxic world we live in, there’s a good chance that most of us will know someone personally who has to go through chemotherapy. Is there any way to minimize the harmful effects of this devastating treatment and possibly make it a positive experience?
My guest today is Carol Lourie, who is a Naturopath, Acupuncturist and Homeopath. After attending the National College of Naturopathic Medicine, Carol moved to California, obtained her Acupuncture license and opened the Natural Health Care and Healing Center in Berkeley. She has always been interested in the treatment of complex disease and utilizes all skills for a mind-body approach towards recovering health.
“I think that when you are undergoing care for something as complex as cancer, you need to be able to differentiate what parts of the recommended treatment are for you, when you want to seek a second opinion and how you can become the most empowered advocate for yourself.” – Carol Lourie
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- Types of support available to those with breast or ovarian cancer.
- A person with cancer is not a “patient”.
- The beauty of individualizing treatment for each person.
- What people can do to empower or help themselves during chemo.
- How limiting caloric intake before treatment can reduce the negative side effects of chemotherapy.
- The benefits of using acupuncture to help mitigate side effects.
- Dietary suggestions for those who are going through chemo.
- Discerning what is essential and where you should put your energy.