Episode 91: Priming Our Brains to Evolve
with Mary Shores
Today we’ll be discussing the neuroscience of personal development with my guest Mary Shores. Regular listeners of A Healthy Curiosity will know that I have a passion for neuroscience, especially when it comes to how it relates to our potential of who we can become. Mary shares her insight on specific techniques and methods that can help facilitate our personal development as well as moments from her own journey that helped her become who she is today.
Mary Shores is the international bestselling author of Conscious Communications: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Harnessing the Power of Your Words to Change Your Mind, Your Choices, and Your Life. As an author, speaker, entrepreneur, and CEO, Mary Shores teaches individuals and businesses to fearlessly create their own realities by using scientific methods and practical personal development.
“Gratitude is the basis and foundation of every spiritual or religious practice that I’ve ever seen. When it comes to the neuroscience of gratitude, the benefit comes when we are actively looking in our environment for something to be grateful for” – Mary Shores
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- What practices can help us hack our personal development through what we know about neuroscience.
- The benefits of long-term gratitude journaling.
- One daily task that can generate new, fresh ideas.
- How to prevent our subconscious from sabotaging our successes.
- Becoming who you really are – letting go of the identity that we were told we were supposed to have in favor of who we were meant to be.
- Invoking fictional characters to represent dimensions of who we want to be.
- How we talk to ourselves and the importance of the words that we use.
- How we can focus on putting our energy into what we are creating and what we want to show up as.
Connect with Mary Shores: www.maryshores.com
Here’s the link to Mary’s book on Amazon: Conscious Communications: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Harnessing the Power of Your Words to Change Your Mind, Your Choices, and Your Life
Let's stay in touch.
Self-care strategy and Chinese Medicine tips will arrive in your inbox delightfully infrequently.