Come home to yourself in Playa Troncones, Mexico.
Let the sound of the waves be the backdrop for a week of rejuvenation, relaxation, reflection, and transformation. Drawing on the ancient wisdom of the Chinese Medicine and yogic traditions, we will examine how to live our most authentic, healthy, and joyful lives. We’ll also play with bodymind techniques for personal evolution.
The ocean will be your constant companion, lending its transformational presence to your inner work. For an entire week, you will have no responsibilities to cook, clean, or even to put on shoes — freeing up energy for relaxation and transformation at the deepest possible level.
All you have to do is get here.
“An all around life changing experience .It gave me understanding of some negative patterns in my life and I really feel like I have an idea of how to go about solving them. It brought what is really important into focus . . . helped me to understand who I am at a deeper level. I am hooked!”
Elena Robinson, Corvallis, OR
“Learning about the 5 Element concept of Chinese Medicine and going into depth on how to apply it has helped to shift my “worldview” of health and personal care. Awesome! Brodie, you are a caring, passionate, energetic, positive and super smart lady!! It has been a pleasure to be in your presence these past few days. Grounding, fulfilling, lovely!! This experience has also helped me recognize habits that will be shifted when I go home.”
Cori H., Corvallis, OR
“The most valuable part of the retreat was cultivating self-acceptance, self-care through creating routines that honor my true essence or desires. Identifying the essential yin from the external yang of my life. Brodie’s a very intelligent and articulate human who shines with exuberance and passion for her work and for life, while also humble and with a great sense of humor.”
Liz Bounds, Lake Oswego, OR
With plenty of time for relaxing on the beach, swimming, snorkeling, hiking, getting a massage, journaling, or reading a book by the pool, we’ll explore:
- What it means to truly take care of ourselves with and evolve into who we want to become
- How yin, yang, and the elements of nature operate in the body-mind
- Body-mind strategies to break free from old patterns
- Qi gong (energy cultivation exercises) for self-healing
- Embodied meditation, visualization, chanting, and breathing techniques
- Self-compassion practices
- Intentional life design for showing up in our lives authentically
We’ll journey through each elements of Chinese Medicine, harmonizing with each, absorbing the lessons of each:
Metal: Letting go, discernment, structure
Water: Your unique essence, your power, creativity
Wood: Your growing edge, self-expression, time
Fire: Joy, contentment, connection
Earth: Nourishment, self-compassion, community
- Eight day/ seven night stay in an luxury ocean-view bungalow with private bath
- Three clean, nourishing, gourmet meals a day (gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan options available) at a 5-star restaurant
- Roundtrip shuttle from/to the airport (35 minutes away) Zihuatanejo International Airport (ZIH)
- A 60-minute massage – you’ve earned it!
- Your workshop tuition
- Morning meditation class plus an additional daily yoga / movement class taught by retreat center instructors
- 10% off boutique purchases
- Resort taxes
*Not included: airfare, alcoholic beverages, smoothies, tips, additional healing arts treatments, and adventure tours (but can be easily booked upon arrival)
“I always feel more connected and whole after these retreats with Brodie. When I get home, I know I’ll be listening to my heart and body, and then taking risks towards growth.”
“All your workshops have been game-changers for me. They’ve sparked self-awareness and offered practical, doable changes in my curiosity, sense of possibility, ability to sustain effort in a desired direction. Thank you!”
Present Moment Retreat Center is situated on a quiet, serene beach in the village of Troncones, Mexico. It has been listed among the top 10 retreat centers in the world, and offers:
- Luxury ocean-view bungalows (single*, double, or triple occupancy*) with private bath
- Miles of pristine beach perfect for swimming, boogie boarding, strolling, snorkeling, and sun bathing
- Jacuzzi tub
- Open-air yoga / qi gong pavilion
- Free wi-fi
- Daily meditation, yoga / dance / qigong classes
- A fantastic beachfront restaurant with healthy, delicious food (able to accommodate gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, and raw diets)
- Live evening entertainment
- Experienced, talented and friendly staff
- Free use of boogie boards and yoga mats
- Optional excursions to nearby waterfalls, kayaking tours, hiking, horseback riding on the beach, surfing lessons, snorkeling destinations, or hiking trails across the road in the Sierra Mountain range
–and we have the whole place to ourselves!
*single and triple bungalows limited availability