Episode 07: Self-Care and Resiliency
with Emily Vaden
Emily Vaden is an incredible young woman with a powerful story to tell. She shares her transformative self-care journey from chronic migraines, through moving and unemployment, the birth of her daughter, and her husband’s suicide — and how she developed an indomitable resilience.
We delve into what has helped her weather the storms with strength and grace, including:
- Letting go of the need for constant control
- How she makes time for self-care even as a single mom of a toddler in addition to her full-time job
- Lessons of grief
- Things that help: acupuncture, massage, friends, and people who get it
- Learning to say no when you need to
- Having an identity apart from just that of being a parent, and role-modeling happiness and self-care for her daughter
- Permission to have a back-up plan
I hope you find her story as inspiring, and that you love Emily as much as I do.