Episode 82: Missing Nutrients for Mental Health
with Dr. Christina Bjorndal
In this episode of “A Healthy Curiosity,” we speak with Dr. Christina Bjorndal, an expert in the connection between mental health and food. Dr. Chris, as her patients know her, is gracious enough to share her past experiences with depression that led to attempted suicide and how those experiences led her to a new passion in life – the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual approach to overall wellness.
Dr. Christina Bjorndal, ND, completed her Doctorate in naturopathic medicine from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. She is an authority in the treatment of mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorders and eating disorders.
“It’s important to remember that there are people out there who are truly struggling and hurting. We all need to love each other a little bit more.” – Dr. Chris
On Today’s Episode of A Healthy Curiosity:
- How the effects of antibiotics in your gut can negatively impact your brain.
- What are the beliefs that are driving you? Are they true?
- Wearing the mask of “Everything is okay on the outside, but I’m dying on the inside”
- How our diet helps build proper neurotransmitters.
- Identifying the essential nutrients that we can’t make on our own, but need to bring in through our diet.
- The difference between just “eating healthy” and “eating healthy…for you!”
- Healing our relationships with self-worth and beginning to love life again.
- The real diagnosis of a mental health issue is based on what’s going on inside – not what we might see on the outside.
- There are 4 aspects to wellness – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Disease can and does manifest in all aspects.
- It’s so important to recognize and learn that we do have a choice in how we shape our thinking.
Connect with Dr. Christina Bjorndal:
You have the right to take care of yourself. When you take care of yourself first, everyone around you will benefit, and will let you get more done in less time. If you need a reminder, just go to our webpage and click the download button. Then print and hang the manifesto on your wall or fridge or wherever you want so long as you get to see a positive reminder every day. Remember: Self-care is not selfish; it is essential.
Are you ready to upgrade to the next version of you? If you are ready to receive the guidance, accountability, and support you need to up level your health, feel more energized, and truly love your body, then join me for the Level Up Your Life program.
The next round of Level Up Your Life begins February 13, 2018.
Yay! You passed the 1-minute test!
If you like what you're reading, subscribe to get my latest self-care advice by email a couple of times a month.